Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better. The issue you are reporting is an upstream one and it
would be nice if somebody having it could send the bug to the developers
of the software by following the instructions at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Upstream/GNOME. If you have done so, please
tell us the number of the upstream bug (or the link), so we can add a
bugwatch that will inform us about its status. Thanks in advance.

Packages, which is subscribed to empathy in Ubuntu.

  empathy keeps showing "network error" on facebook account

Status in Chat app, and Telepathy user interface:
  Invalid
Status in “empathy” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: empathy

  I've tried the instruction given from
http://live.gnome.org/Empathy/Protocols, but I still cannot get myself to my
facebook account through empathy. It keeps showing me a message "network error."
  On this thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1240863&page=2, some
have made it work but I don't know why after my third attempts, I'm still
having the same result