Public bug reported:

I give the sudo apt-get install pymol, but when i try to run it typing
pymol it gives this error:

X Error of failed request:  GLXBadContext
  Major opcode of failed request:  153 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  6 (X_GLXIsDirect)
  Serial number of failed request:  40
 PyMOL: abrupt program termination.

Can anybody help pls?

By the way :

Version:
Release:        12.04

Pymol:
Installed: 1.4.1-3

** Affects: xorg (Ubuntu)

** Description changed:

  I give the sudo apt-get install pymol, but when i try to run it typing
  pymol it gives this error:

  X Error of failed request:  GLXBadContext
-   Major opcode of failed request:  153 (GLX)
-   Minor opcode of failed request:  6 (X_GLXIsDirect)
-   Serial number of failed request:  40
-   Current serial number in output stream:  39
-  PyMOL: abrupt program termination.
+   Major opcode of failed request:  153 (GLX)
+   Minor opcode of failed request:  6 (X_GLXIsDirect)
+   Serial number of failed request:  40
+   Current serial number in output stream:  39
+  PyMOL: abrupt program termination.

  Can anybody help pls?
+
+ By the way :
+
+ Version:
+ Release:      12.04
+
+ Pymol:
+ Installed: 1.4.1-3

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.

  Pymol not working.

Status in “xorg” package in Ubuntu: