Could anybody else test the fix to validate the SRU? If not, could we at
least confirm that there is no regression, which might be enough to get
the SRU copied to -updates

Packages, which is subscribed to hplip in Ubuntu.

  HP Officejet Pro K550 fails to print in Ubuntu

Status in HP Linux Imaging and Printing:
  Confirmed
Status in “hplip” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “hplip” source package in Trusty:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  I am having an issue with an Officejet Pro K550:

  1) Issue started under Ubuntu 11.04
  2) Under Ubuntu 10.10 on same laptop printer work's fine
  3) Currently running latest hplip updates under 12.04
  4) And I have HP Device Manager installed and working.

  When attempting to print or run a test print - job starts and always
  gets an inch or two down the page and then stops. Error code in HP
  Device Manager is always 5012 - Device Communication Error.

  I upgrade to hplip 3.12.4 and same things still happend.

  I have never logged a bug under Launchpad before but I can follow
  technical instructions if laid out clearly.

  Looking forward to a response.

  Update:
  Also happens in 12.10 and 13.04

  SRU Justification: