Any updates on this issue?

Packages, which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-331 in Ubuntu.

  Trusty 14.04 No video with hybrid graphics intel Hd4000+ Nvidia 820M

Status in “nvidia-graphics-drivers-331” package in Ubuntu:

  I have a laptop with hybrid graphics Intel HD4000 + Nvidia 820M and I get no
video after installing nvidia-331-updates.
  X goes to low graphics mode.
  This is working in 13.10 with nvidia-119-updates and nvidia-prime so this is
a regression.
  X.org log attached.
  It seems the 820M card can't find any attached display devices and tries to
set video mode NULL. On 14.04 the  "Validated MetaModes" are NULL while on
13.10 they are  "nvidia-auto-select".