The user did not mention a .cue sheet, so I'm not sure that's the same bug...
Either way, the user claims bug is fixed in Trusty/Mint 17, so closing bug.

** Changed in: amarok (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to amarok in Ubuntu.

  Amarok wont play full-length audio cd .ape files

Status in The Amarok Music Player:
  Unknown
Status in “amarok” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Hardware: Dell-Alienware M15x, i7-740qm, 8gb DDR3 1600mhz, AMD HD6990m
  Running: Linux Mint 16 KDE

  Ran into this bug.. not major but felt worth reporting.
  Amarok player works very well so far, just one minor problem I have found is
that full-length audio cd .ape files wont play.
  By full-length audio cd .ape files I mean where a whole cd is ripped to a
single file, rather than seperate tracks. .ape file format
  File starts playing, then skips once at 2-5 seconds, then repeats over and
over.
  Could be a bug with full-length cd files, or could be a bug with .ape
format.. unfortunately I only have the one album which is either lol so sorry
but cant test further just now!

  Same file pays fine in VLC player

  Hope this helps! :)