Sorry, I never got around to testing this again, but I have since moved
to Arch, and it's not a problem in this distro. (I'm no longer using
Ubuntu, so this bug should remain closed.)

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.

   xorg xkb options don't trigger when MatchProduct is used

Status in “xorg” package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  I have a file in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ that attempts to set the xkb
  options for a specific keyboard model.

  Hence, it contains the following line:
      MatchProduct "TrulyErgonomic.com Truly Ergonomic Computer Keyboard"

  I know that this match triggers fine, because it activates at-home-modifier
[1] as expected, only for this keyboard. I can confirm this by commenting out
the following at-home-modifier line, which results in a lack of activation.
      Option "TransMod" "36:64"

  However, it seems that the xkb options are not triggering. For example this
line:
      Option "XKbOptions" "lv3:ralt_switch_multikey,numpad:pc,ctrl:swapcaps"

  Similarly to above, I've tried removing ",ctrl:swapcaps" and
  restarting, but this makes no difference. From `setxkbmap -query`, no
  options are set.

  Oddly enough, if I comment out the "MatchProduct" line, then this line
  functions as expected, as confirmed by restarting with either
  ",ctrl:swapcaps" present or absent. (Obviously this then acts on all
  keyboards.)

  I've also tried this with similar results for:
        Option "XkbLayout" "ara"
        Option "XkbVariant" ""

  Finally, I've also tried manually changing the settings of they integrated
keyboard. First I find the id with `xinput list`, then run
      setxkbmap -device 15 -layout us -variant altgr-intl -option
lv3:ralt_switch_multikey,numpad:pc,ctrl:swapcaps

  This works as expected.

  In case it's important, here is /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/11-TECK-
  keymap.conf :

      Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "TECK"
        Driver "evdev"

        # If you save this file under xorg.conf.d/ :
        Option "AutoServerLayout" "on"

        MatchIsKeyboard "on"
        MatchProduct "TrulyErgonomic.com Truly Ergonomic Computer Keyboard"

        ### at-home-modifier options begin here.
        # The basic option.
        Option "XkbLayout" "us"
        Option "XkbVariant" "altgr-intl"
        Option "XKbOptions" "lv3:ralt_switch_multikey,numpad:pc,ctrl:swapcaps"
        Option "TransMod" "36:64"
      EndSection

  I'm running Kubuntu 13.04, KDE 4.10.5, with "Configure layouts" and
  "Configure keyboard options" unchecked in System Settings.

  Further, I can see that the settings are being overwritten by
  /etc/default/keyboard . I can change this file manually, and see that
  xkb changes on restart. Is there a workaround that will allow me to
  configure keyboards separately? I tried removing this file or
  commenting it all out, but upon restart, xkb still ignored xorg.conf,
  using some kind of hard-coded default values.

  [1] http://gitorious.org/at-home-modifier/at-home-
  modifier/blobs/raw/master/README

  ====
  I cannot use $ ubuntu-bug xorg , as ubuntu-bug keeps crashing.
  $ dpkg -l xorg|grep xorg
  ii  xorg                                  1:7.7+1ubuntu4
       amd64        X.Org X Window System