Yeah, looks like it's fixed.

(btw I was astonished to see that tree view didn't work any more. It
wouldn't have occurred to me to look for a setting, I thought they had
just eliminated tree view. I wonder why they do this sort of things. So
counterintuitive. It would be better to list them as 3 separate modes:
icons, list, tree.... )

  nonsense behaviour when dragging the "+" sign next to a folder

Status in “nautilus” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: nautilus

  Steps to reproduce:

  1 Open Nautilus and put it in list view.

  2 Suppose you have 3 folders: A, B and C

  3 Click once on folder A to _select_ it

  4 Click on the [+] sign on the left of folder B (as if you wanted to
  expand it) and don't release the mouse button

  5 Drag it somewhere, for example into folder C, and drop it.

  Expected result: NOTHING should happen. Dragging the [+] sign makes no
  sense. It shouldn't even give you any visual feedback that you are
  doing something, like when you try to drag a button. An other, less
  correct but acceptable behaviour, would be that you would be dragging
  folder B, the one whose [+] sign you have clicked and dragged.

  Observed result: folder A, not B (not the one whose [+] sign you have
  dragged, but the one that was previously selected when you clicked on
  the completely unrelated [+] sign) is moved into where you drop, in
  this case into C.

  Package: nautilus 1:2.30.1-0ubuntu1.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.32-26.48-generic 2.6.32.24+drm33.11
  Uname: Linux 2.6.32-26-generic i686
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Mon Dec 20 18:47:05 2010
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.04 LTS "Lucid Lynx" - Release i386 (20100429)
  ProcEnviron:
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   LANG=en_US.utf8
   SHELL=/bin/bash