Public bug reported:

expected behavior:
When I do a key combination (like shift+a or ctrl+s), I would naturally put
finger 1 on "ctrl", then finger 2 on "s" and then release both, as I am used it
from a physical keyboard. It is also working like that on various touchscreen
phones.

observation:
The first/single touch is recognized but the (added) second touch does not yet
trigger the "s". The ctrl key stays in highlighted mode and waits for another
separate input of "s".
Instead of simultanously touching both keys, I need to touch them consecutively.

Ubuntu 14.04
onboard 1.0.1+1811-0 amd64

** Affects: onboard (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to onboard in Ubuntu.

  simultaneous touch events trigger only the first touch

Status in “onboard” package in Ubuntu: