Public bug reported:

I'm using Linux Mint 17. In the Gnome Terminal when hitting
Ctrl+Backspace just one character is being deleted (^H). In normal Gtk+
applications this key combination deletes the previous word (Ctrl+W) in
Bash. There's also no way for Bash to distinguish between Ctrl+Backspace
and Backspace.

Therefore I think there should be an option to send ^W on Ctrl+Backspace
or Ctrl+Backspace should be distinguishable for Bash so that I can bind
it myself.

** Affects: gnome-terminal (Ubuntu)

** Tags: gnome-terminal

** Project changed: linuxmint => gnome-terminal (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-terminal in Ubuntu.

  Ctrl+Backspace should send ^W instead of doing the same thing as
  Backspace

Status in “gnome-terminal” package in Ubuntu: