I confirm the same problem on Trusty, the icon is correct in the Dash
but wrong in the Launcher.

** Attachment added: "Difference between Dash and Launcher visualization"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/clementine/+bug/1015799/+attachment/4160779/+files/clementine%20bug.png

** Also affects: unity (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  Clementine Icon Looks Corrupted on Unity 3D Launcher

Status in “clementine” package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:

  Hello,

  I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit, using proprietary drivers with an
  ATI Radeon HD 4650 card.

  I know it is kind of unimportant but on Unity 3D, Clementine icon on
  Launcher looks corrupted. Its curves are not smooth and continuous.

  I guess it is more about the way of Unity 3D makes rendering since the
  icon looks normal on Dash and Unity 2D Launcher.

  I file this bug report because it is really annoying and I believe you
  can come up with a solution more quickly.

  I really love Clementine and I don't want to wait the next version of
  Unity to get rid of this problem.

  Currently, I installed Clementine form this PPA and its version is
  1.0.1+dfsg-1ubuntu2

  You can see the icon in the attached file.

  Thanks in advance.