Problem encoutered with a live USB created with remastersys (distro option).
iso of live usb can be downloaded from:
https://mega.co.nz/#!H1hxCbJD!kF6y5KwFdbH3vbjIvK9ek7N8IFDFtjD1FsL-C_Flrnk
md5 sum also can be downloaded from:
https://mega.co.nz/#!j4ZSSALY!ColPJ0VpWuTjCt80qCn1IY-mRbQW0kO-paou-c3tSkA
Maybe installation of different gobject introspection libraries is the problem?

Packages, which is subscribed to devhelp in Ubuntu.

  Devhelp gui

Status in “devhelp” package in Ubuntu:

  I do not know if this a general devhelp issue. I think is Linux Mint
  16 (or Cinnamon for 64) related.

  The index, on the left, is not included in a scrolled box so shrinking the
left panel moves the index and the search text box "out of the window" (making
it invisible).
  :From "mintwelcome"
  Linux Mint 16 "petra"
  Cinnamon 64-bit

  :from console
  >uname -a
  Linux ilias-desktop 3.11.0-12-generic #19-Ubuntu SMP Wed Oct 9 16:20:46 UTC
2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

  >devhelp --version
  Devhelp 3.8.2

  >cinnamon --version