** Changed in: nautilus

  Nautilus problems with 1000+ files in a folder

Status in Nautilus:
  Invalid
Status in “nautilus” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  With more than 1000 files in a folder Nautilus becomes less accurate.

  (1) sorting
  I have photos with filenames which begin with the year, like:
2005-birthday.jpg,
  etc. These file are sorted correctly when sorted on filename. But in an other
  folder there are files beginning with 0000-...jpg, (because I didn't know the
  year). The first 20 or so are placed first, but the next 10 files beginning
with
  0000-... are placed at the end (after 2005-...). This is very consequently.

  (2) case sensitive order.
  There seems to be no way to sort the filename case-insensitive, which is a
  problem with so many files.

  (3) slow.
  Nautilus becomes very slow, even when there are only text files in a list
view.
  Swithing off the preview helps a lot, but this can't be set for folders with
  many files only.

  kind regards,
  jdo