Sorry about that, I added the gnome-panel as the package.  I'm not sure
if that is the package that controls the gnome workspaces but I believe
it is from what I've read.  If this is incorrect please let me know so I
can fix it.  I will help in any way to get this fixed.  I've done some
gnome development myself and know a few gnome developers so I can
probably even assist in tracking down t he problem. I will contact the
gnome devs and ask them as well.

** Package changed: ubuntu => gnome-panel (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-panel in Ubuntu.

  windows display on all workspaces

Status in “gnome-panel” package in Ubuntu:

  May be in gnome-panel, I'm not really sure.  But I cannot find prior
  evidence of this occuring.  Not sure what to attach so I will update
  if necessary.

  Recently, all of my workspaces show all active windows regardless of
  the state of the options selected in the context menu for "Only on
  available workspace"

  Version of Ubuntu is 14.04