I have the same problem here using Ubunto 14.04 and Rhythmbox 3.0.2.

Please, is there any workaround?

Packages, which is subscribed to rhythmbox in Ubuntu.

  cannot edit tags in m4a files

Status in “rhythmbox” package in Ubuntu:

  Rhythmbox cannot edit m4a tags.

  For example, I right-click on a song and the "properties" window
  opens.  I change a field, for example "title", and then click "close".
  A window opens saying "Error while saving song information.  File
  corrupted during write."  The title is unchanged in the song, as can
  be seen in the Rhythmbox window and can be verified with another
  program like Easytag.

  Additional details that might be useful:
  * The permissions on the m4a file are -rw-rw-rw-
  * Though the error window says the "File corrupted during write", the m4a
file is in fact not even modified
  * There is no problem with mp3 files; for example, the process described
above can be used successfully to change the title of an mp3 song
  * I used to be able to edit m4a tags in Ubuntu 12.10; this problem arose when
I upgraded to Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

  Although there exist other programs to tag m4a files, they do not
  provide a useable work-around.  If you use such a program to change an
  m4a tag, then the music library comes inconsistent with Rhythmbox's
  "rhythmdb.xml" database.

  Thanks for your help.

  Package: rhythmbox 3.0.2-0ubuntu2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.13.0-30.55-generic 3.13.11.2
  Uname: Linux 3.13.0-30-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3.2
  Architecture: amd64