Public bug reported:

Using Utopic daily.

I've a Macbook Pro 8,1 connected to an external monitor via HDMI.

If I open the Control Center by any means (e.g. indicators->Sound->Sound
Settings) the screen flickers, in the same was as if I unplugged/plugged
in my external monitor. Then some application windows which was
originally on the monitor is moved to the laptop screen - Firefox &
Terminal frequent culprits)

Note this does not happen every time, is usually only if I open Control
Center after several hours of not having used it.

Is very annoying!

** Affects: unity-control-center (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to unity-control-center in Ubuntu.

  [multi-monitor setup] opening ubuntu-control-center causes monitors to
  re-set layout

Status in “unity-control-center” package in Ubuntu: