   Image containing EXIF orientation does not display properly as wallpaper

  Desktop wallpaper doesn't rotate images

Status in “gnome-control-center” package in Ubuntu:

  The images I take on my digital camera are tagged in the EXIF data with
orientation, so whether I took it in portrait or landscape, the picture shows
up correctly.
  Nautilus, Gthumb, Shotwell, etc. work with this just fine. Using them as
desktop wallpaper used to work fine, too.
  In Oneiric, they are no longer rotated. They show up to the wallpaper chooser
sideways.

  Package: gnome (not installed)
  NonfreeKernelModules: wl
  ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu4