Trivially reproduced out of the box on emacs24.

era@trvsty:~$ apt-cache policy emacs24
emacs24:
  Installed: 24.3+1-2ubuntu1
  Candidate: 24.3+1-2ubuntu1
  Version table:
 *** 24.3+1-2ubuntu1 0
        500 http://fi.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

era@trvsty:~$ lsb_release -rd
Release:        14.04

(dist-upgraded from precise just now)

** Also affects: emacs24 (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to emacs24 in Ubuntu.

  erc reconnects to channels on wrong servers (too)

Status in “emacs22” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “emacs23” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “emacs24” package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in “erc” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: erc

  When ERC loses a connection and then regains it, if I have channels
  open on another server as well, it will reconnect to the other
  server's channels, too.

  To reproduce (clumsily):

  M-x erc-select <RET> server1 <RET> <RET> <RET>
  M-x erc-select <RET> server2 <RET> <RET> <RET>
  In the server1:ircd buffer:
  /join #onetest <RET>
  In the server2:ircd buffer:
  /join #twotest <RET>

  (This was slightly rearranged to cope with a related bug in new
  versions of Erc.)

  Now jerk the connection to server2, or (as a rough approximation) kill
  the associated buffer server2:ircd

  M-x kill-buffer <RET> server2:ircd <RET>

  Then reconnect:

  M-x erc-select <RET> server2 <RET>

  Expected result:

  ERC should rejoin #twotest on server2 but no other channels.

  Actual result:

  ERC joins back on #twotest but in addition joins #onetest on server2
  (sic), resulting in a new buffer #onetest<2> (assuming you have the
  variable `uniquify-buffer-name-style' set to its default value).

  Reproducible:

  Always

  I guess the list of active channels does not contain the information about
which server a channel is on, or the information is simply not used when
reconnecting to lost channels.