The same thing happened to me.  nvidia-304 was uninstalled during the
update and I am unable to install them.

Packages, which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-304-updates in
Ubuntu.

  nvidia-304-update (video driver) got uninstalled and is uninstallable
  after update to HWE-Stack5 (from Ubuntu LTS 12.04.4 to 12.04.5)

Status in “nvidia-graphics-drivers-304-updates” package in Ubuntu:

  I didn't take notes, so I can't give the exact error messages. My
  working video-driver (nvidia-304-updates) was uninstalled during the
  installation of the last HWE-Stack. Afterwards, with the new Kernel
  (3.13) I had only 1024-resolution. Nouveau driver was installed, but
  without 3d-Support. I tried to reinstall nvidia-304 (or any other
  nvidia-driver) but it showed me broken dependencies. nvidia-304 wants
  to install a program (something with ...abi ) in Version 11 to 14, but
  the last xserver-xorg-package containing this program was the raring-
  Version, so I couldn't install it. Had to revert to the last HWE-
  Stack.