I have been testing nmahale's patch the last couple of days.
It does indeed seem to have fixed the freezing.. However, in place of the
freezing, I'm seeing the touchpad periodically stop responding to scroll and
RMB clicks. This happens with extreme frequency. Usually once I start doing a
scroll with two fingers, I can only scroll very briefly before the scrolling
locks up. This tends to happen most frequently when cycling between windows.

I've tested booting to an ubuntu iso via usb, and the problem goes away.

Things I've found that unfreeze the touchpad include toggling the
touchpad off/on, either via key command (fn+F9 on my laptop) or via
'modprobe -r psmouse; modprobe psmouse', or hitting the enter key. This
happens inside of all applications, including browsers and terminals.

Not seeing anything useful in the logs. It's possible that this is an
unrelated problem, but I've only been seeing it when running the patched
xorg.

Linux 3.13.0-39-generic #66-Ubuntu SMP Tue Oct 28 13:30:27 UTC 2014 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
KDE 4.13.3

Packages, which is subscribed to nvidia-prime in Ubuntu.

  [nvidia-prime]Freeze while using touchpad

Status in X.Org X server:
  Confirmed
Status in “nvidia-graphics-drivers-319” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “nvidia-graphics-drivers-331” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “nvidia-graphics-drivers-343” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “nvidia-prime” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I'm using an Optimus laptop (Asus N43SL)
  nvidia-prime is installed, so my nvidia dedicated graphics card (GT 540m) is
in use.

  Once in a while, my screen will freeze, only when I use my touchpad.
  This does not happen with my USB mouse.
  This does not happen either when I uninstall nvidia-prime and use my intel
integrated graphics (HD3000).

  I can temporarily solve the issue by doing a VT switch.

  In the attached Xorg.0.log, you can see "synaptics: ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad:
touchpad found" each time I did a VT switch and regained control.