emarco, thank you for reporting this bug to Ubuntu. Oneiric reached EOL on May
9, 2013.
See this document for currently supported Ubuntu releases:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases

Is this reproducible in the latest release of Ubuntu via
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/ ?

If so, please execute the following via a terminal in order for the necessary
debugging information to be attached:
apport-collect 881043

** No longer affects: pm-utils (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: linux (Ubuntu)

** Project changed: pm-utils => linux

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to pm-utils in Ubuntu.

  Dell inspiron duo crahses when plugging or unplugging the power
  adapter

Status in The Linux Kernel:
  Invalid
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:

  I have a Dell inspiron Duo and installed Ubuntu 11.10 on it by using
  wubi. When I plug or unplug the power adapter the system crashes,
  dumping a lot of messages in a dark screen and halts. The only way to
  recover it is to power it off by maintaining the button pressed.

  Following a recommendation given in the forum, I downgrade the package
  pm-utils to 1.3.0-1ubuntu1 (Lucid version) replacing the updated
  version 1.4.1-8ubuntu1 (Oneiric Ocelot) and the problem disappeared.
  General information:

  Ubuntu version: 11.10 (64 bit)
  Package version (presenting the problem): 1.4.1-8ubuntu1
  Kernel version:Linux ubuntu 3.0.0-12-generic

  Package: pm-utils 1.3.0-1ubuntu1
  ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu3
  Architecture: amd64