> Do you read about a workaround of "max cached connection=1"?

Thanks WADA.  I read the whole thread, after reading another long thread
that was closed as a duplicate of this one, so by the time I got here I
was very tired and just wanted deleted messages to go away.

Max cached connections was the only part in all that reading that I
understood, so I have max connections set to 1.  It slows down my client
a bit, but I can accept that.

> If so, "max cached connection=1", "disable IDLE", "adequate new mail
check intervlal", can be used.

I didn't understand what "disable IDLE" was until I started writing the
proposed steps below.  I still don't understand what "adequate new mail
check interval" means.  Bear in mind, I don't understand the client as a
developer, I understand it as a casual user, so I need click-by-click,
press-by-press, key-by-key instructions.  I suspect most other users who
would come across this thread would need that too, and ideally it would
be pinned to the top of the bug.  I've made an attempt at documenting
the prescribed workaround below.

> Needless to say, "disabling CONSTORE" is mandatory.

I don't understand what that means, so it's not included in the steps
below.

> 1. Click other than Inbox(call FolderX) -> SELECT FolderX -> Inbox is
> unselected at only one connection
> 2. Soner or later, new mail check occurs [...]

I did an experiment and I believe "sooner or later" can be replaced with
"Restart Thunderbird."  This is my attempt at documenting the workaround
step by step:

FIRST, RECONFIGURE YOUR ACCOUNT:
1 - From the main Thunderbird screen, select "Tools" menu > "Account Settings"
to launch the Account Settings window.
2 - On the left side of the Account Settings window, select "Server Settings"
under your Gmail account name to view the Server Settings page.
3 - On the Server Settings page, press the "Advanced..." button to launch the
Advanced Server Settings popup window.
4 - Set "Maximum number of server connections to cache" to 1.
5 - Deselect the checkbox for "Use IDLE command if the server supports it."
6 - Press the OK button to close the Advanced Server Settings window.
7 - Press the OK button to close the Account Settings window.

EVERY TIME YOU WANT TO REFRESH THE INBOX:
1 - Select the "Sent Mail" folder (or any other subfolder under the affected
account).
2 - Close Thunderbird, including all mail viewing windows.
3 - Start Thunderbird.
4 - Select the "Inbox" folder of the affected account.  Thunderbird should
completely refresh the Inbox.

> [...] -> SELECT Inbox -> Inbox is
> selected at  only one connection -> uid fetch 1:* Flags
> 3. When you need to snch flsag state with Gmail IMAP and iPhone, click
> FolderX, then click Inbox
>      SELECT FolderX -> SELECT Inbox -> uid fetch 1:* Flags for Inbox is
> issued.
>      As I repeadly staated, workaround explained in this bug is to force
> this "uid fetch 1:* Flags" for Inbox.
>
> Another way: Use Inbox as mail drop, mail tray. Don't use Inbox as mail
> repository for log time.
>                        Becuase of IMAP many Mboxes are lready supported.
> There is no need of folder named "Inbox" for mail viewing.

I disagree that there is no need, or that telling users not to use it is
an acceptable workaround.  Every standard mail client I know of has a
view called Inbox.  Thunderbird itself creates one below the Gmail
account name in the folder view.  Clearly it must have an important
intended function.

Would it be possible to simply add a "Refresh folder" function to the
"Get Messages" dropdown button that would perform a complete refresh of
the current folder and Preferred Folder?  Better yet, add a Refresh
button in the same row as Unread, Starred, Contact, Tags, and
Attachment?

Packages, which is subscribed to thunderbird in Ubuntu.

  Thunderbird incorrectly shows some Gmail archived messages as unread
  via IMAP

Status in Mozilla Thunderbird Mail and News:
  Confirmed
Status in thunderbird package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: thunderbird

  Steps to reproduce:
  1) Wait for a few messages to arrive in Inbox, thus being marked as unread.
  2) Mark all of them as read, then archive them.
  3) Click on All Mail folder.

  Actual Results:
  Only one of recently archived messages is marked as read (usually the newest
one), the rest must be marked as read again.

  Expected Results:
  All of recently marked as read in Inbox and archived mails should be marked
as read in All Mail folder, too.

  Package: thunderbird 3.0.5+build2+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.10.04.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.32-23.37-generic 2.6.32.15+drm33.5
  Uname: Linux 2.6.32-23-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: wl
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Fri Jul  9 02:22:30 2010
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic Koala" - Release amd64 (20091027)
  SourcePackage: thunderbird