Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better. The issue you are reporting is an upstream one and it
would be nice if somebody having it could send the bug to the developers
of the software by following the instructions at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Upstream/GNOME. If you have done so, please
tell us the number of the upstream bug (or the link), so we can add a
bugwatch that will inform us about its status. Thanks in advance.

** Changed in: gvfs (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gvfs in Ubuntu.

  sftp freezes nautilus after standby / resume cycle

Status in gvfs package in Ubuntu:

  Hello, I have been having this problem for at least six months. I
  often use the 'connect to server' > 'sftp://some...@something.com' in
  nautilus to transfer files to and from remote servers. It works great.
  The problem comes from suspending / resuming near the time of doing
  these actions. (I am about 90% sure)

  If the error occurrs, after resuming, nautilus will freeze, and I can
  end it, and then it will not re launch again. In terminal , the error
  it gives when trying to launch is. "Could not register the
  application: Timeout was reached" Launching a nautilus instance with
  sudo works as expected.

  I have determined that the error comes from the sftp daemon because I
  have found, through trial and error, that ending a specific SSH
  process will unfreeze / allow relaunching of nautilus almost instantly
  after it is killed.

  $ ps -aef | grep ssh >>

  paul      5731 20771  0 09:47 pts/26   00:00:00 /usr/bin/ssh
  -oForwardX11 no -oForwardAgent no -oPermitLocalCommand no
  -oClearAllForwardings yes -oProtocol 2
  -oNoHostAuthenticationForLocalhost yes -l ubuntu -s <URL CUT> sftp

  this is an example of that the process looks like that is causing the
  hang.

  This error occurs even if I make sure to close nautilus before putting
  the computer to sleep.

  *update*

  I also realize today that this bug is even bigger then I thought at
  first. I had been having an issue in the past where I would try to
  save files from programs such as gedit and as soon as I press ctrl+s
  gedit would just freeze and I had lost my work a few times. I just
  today found that instead of this being a gedit problem, it is a
  problem with this nautilus ssh connection, as engine the SSH process
  mentioned above also unfreezes the program. I assume similar problems
  with saving or opening from other programs may be related!

  Information:

  Distributor ID:       Ubuntu
  Release:      14.04
  Codename:     trusty

  32 bit

  Hardware:
  Ibm / lenovo thinkpad T60, ati fireGL board.
  4gb ram