Public bug reported:

Hello,

after installing Vivid, nearly each time when I boot my PC
NetworkManager fails to setup the (wired) connection to my router (via
DHCP) properly. That means:

- I can ping only the IP of my router.
- If I try to ping e.g. ubuntu.com, this results either in "Unknown host" or
"Network is down" error.
- If I disconnect and connect again via the network-manager-applet, the
connection is usually fine, so this is a workaround for me to get internet
access.

This didn't happen in any previous Ubuntu version.

My home network setup is very plain, only a router that establishes the
internet connection and assigns IP adresses via DHCP to all connected
clients. The PC with Vivid running is connected via a wired link.

The informations of the report were collected when the network
connection was in faulty state (as mentioned above) in hope that it may
give any hint to what's going wrong.

Kind regards,
Jan

Package: network-manager 0.9.10.0-4ubuntu15
NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
CurrentDesktop: Unity
Date: Sun Apr 19 21:48:18 2015
IfupdownConfig:
 # interfaces(5) file used by ifup(8) and ifdown(8)
 auto lo
 iface lo inet loopback
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 15.04 "Vivid Vervet" - Beta amd64 (20150415)
IpRoute: 192.168.2.0/24 dev eth0  proto kernel  scope link  src 192.168.2.103
IwConfig:
 eth0      no wireless extensions.

 lo        no wireless extensions.
NetworkManager.state:
 [main]
 NetworkingEnabled=true
 WirelessEnabled=true
 WWANEnabled=true
 WimaxEnabled=true
RfKill:

SourcePackage: network-manager
nmcli-con:
 NAME                       UUID                                  TYPE
  TIMESTAMP   TIMESTAMP-REAL                AUTOCONNECT  READONLY  DBUS-PATH
                               ACTIVE  DEVICE  STATE      ACTIVE-PATH

 Kabelnetzwerkverbindung 1  1654fa28-838d-4b95-821f-c6e0e8a6451d
802-3-ethernet  1429472871  So 19 Apr 2015 21:47:51 CEST  yes          no
 /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Settings/0  yes     eth0    activated
/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/ActiveConnection/0
nmcli-dev:
 DEVICE  TYPE      STATE      DBUS-PATH
CONNECTION                 CON-UUID                              CON-PATH

 eth0    ethernet  connected  /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/1
Kabelnetzwerkverbindung 1  1654fa28-838d-4b95-821f-c6e0e8a6451d
/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/ActiveConnection/0
 lo      loopback  unmanaged  /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/0  --
nmcli-nm: Error: command ['nmcli', '-f', 'all', 'nm'] failed with exit code 2:
Error: Object 'nm' is unknown, try 'nmcli help'.

** Affects: network-manager (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug vivid

   Not working network connection after boot

  NetworkManager doesn't configure wired network connection properly

Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu: