Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better. The issue that you reported is one that should be
reproducible with the live environment of the Desktop CD of the stable
release - Oneiric Ocelot. It would help us greatly if you could test
with it so we can work on getting it fixed. You can find out more about
the development release at http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/ . Thanks again
and we appreciate your help.

** Changed in: poppler (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: poppler (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to poppler in Ubuntu.

  Printing PDF produces barely visible text

Status in “poppler” package in Ubuntu:

  When printing a PDF document (generated with latex) the text is barely
  visible. On close inspection one sees that the text was printed but
  with very toner. I am using a Samsung ML-1630 monochrome laser
  printer, it is working with the SPLIX driver.

  The problem is related to PDF as printing a WebPage with Epiphany is
  working. It also shows that there is enough toner. I was recompiling
  the maverick package of splix and installing it to see if there is a
  difference but there was not. I assume it is an issue with the
  pdftoraster-poppler converter itself.

  Forcing to use pdftoraster by changing the preference in
  pdftoraster.cons is fixing the problem for me.

  Release:      11.04

  cups:
    Installed: 1.4.6-5
    Candidate: 1.4.6-5