Public bug reported:

This is the same bug that has appeared on the Trisquel GNU/Linux forums:
https://trisquel.info/en/forum/abrowser-behaves-strangely-after-system-update

I've tested Abrowser on three machine. On one of them (running Ubuntu
14.04 x64) , everything is fine. On the other two (both running 14.04
x32), there is an almost instant segmentation fault. Interestingly, the
segmentation fault is NOT instant if I load a non-default profile using
something like:

mkdir ~/Desktop/FF-Temp ; abroswer --profile ~/Desktop/FF-Temp

Although visiting certain website (DuckDuckGo, Startpage, Google) gives
me the crash. So, perhaps visiting pages that execute certain HTML
elements, javascript, etc. is what is setting this bug off.

PS: for whatever it may be worth, after finding, downloading, and
installing a .deb package from the FSF mirror of the Trisquel repos,  I
can confirm that this bug doesn't effect version 38, just 39.

** Affects: firefox (Ubuntu)

  Abrowser 39 crashes (segmentation fault).

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu: