** Also affects: xdg-user-dirs (Debian)

Packages, which is subscribed to xdg-user-dirs in Ubuntu.

  XDG Base Directory Specification environment variables aren't set by
  default

Status in xdg-user-dirs package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in xdg-user-dirs package in Debian:

  The XDG Base Directory Specification specifies environment variables
  that applications can use to find user data. These variables are
  currently not set in Ubuntu.

  I propose that we set the following environment variables in the
  /etc/xdg/user-dirs.defaults

  $XDG_DATA_HOME
  $XDG_CONFIG_HOME
  $XDG_DATA_DIRS