XMir 1.0 (the old Xorg extension) is now deprecated and is not being
maintained or fixed. It is replaced by the new 'Xmir' binary (package
'xmir') introduced in Ubuntu 15.10 wily.

Is there any way to reproduce this bug without the old Xmir?

** Changed in: mir

** Changed in: xorg-server (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg-server in Ubuntu.

  Xmir doesn't start with MUXed Intel/ATi hybrid graphics

Status in Mir:
  Incomplete
Status in xorg-server package in Ubuntu:

  I've an Acer 4820TG notebook with MUXed Intel + ATi cards, and I can
  select which card to use via BIOS setting or somewhat dynamically
  using vgaswitcheroo.

  In case I set the notebook in dynamic mode on the bios, so that I've both the
VGA cards available, XMir doesn't start, and I'm getting the X fallback session
instead of lightdm.
  If I instead add an upstart job to force one of the cards to turn off early
on the boot, it works instead.

  Using pure X this issue doesn't show up.

  00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Core Processor
Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 12) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
          Subsystem: Acer Incorporated [ALI] Device 0359
          Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr-
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
<TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
          Latency: 0
          Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 42
          Region 0: Memory at d8000000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4M]
          Region 2: Memory at c0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
          Region 4: I/O ports at 4050 [size=8]
          Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled]
          Capabilities: <access denied>
          Kernel driver in use: i915

  01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
  [AMD/ATI] Madison [Mobility Radeon HD 5650/5750 / 6530M/6550M] (rev
  ff) (prog-if ff)