XMir 1.0 (the old Xorg extension) is now deprecated and is not being
maintained or fixed. It is replaced by the new 'Xmir' binary (package
'xmir') introduced in Ubuntu 15.10 wily.

** Changed in: xorg-server (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg-server in Ubuntu.

  [utopic] Black screen on boot (radeon) with ubuntu-desktop-mir (XMir)

Status in Mir:
  Invalid
Status in xorg-server package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
    I'm running Ubuntu 14.10 amd64 with AMD R9 280X using the radeon
  module.  I installed ubuntu-desktop-mir using apt-get.  On boot VTs
  seem to work fine, but nothing displays.  Just a black screen, but my
  monitor detects input and remains active.  I saved dmesg output to a
  file, but after reviewing it I don't see anything relevant.  I've
  attached it anyway.

    Let me know if there's more I can do to help.