Public bug reported:

I wrote the following note to the Avogadro support list,

"The molecular mechanics section as seen here,
http://avogadro.cc/wiki/Extensions_Menu#Molecular_Mechanics and hence
conformer search isn't available. No screenshot is available since the
drop down extension menu disappears when I press print screen.

I am running v1.1.1 on, Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS I downloaded the software
from the ubuntu software centre. My version installed at work is on a
windows pc - this has the facility."

They replied with the following,

"Unfortunately, this sounds like an Ubuntu packaging issue. There’s an
extension for molecular mechanics, and if not present, those features
won’t show up in the menu.

I’d suggest filing a bug with the package maintainers.

Sorry I can’t be of more help - if you’re willing to compile, I’m
confident the menu will re-appear."

Can you sort out the packaging issue, please?

** Affects: avogadro (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to avogadro in Ubuntu.

  Avogadro Conformer Search

Status in avogadro package in Ubuntu: