** Also affects: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)

  It should be checked which language packs need to be installed but
  aren't already installed, and then the user should be prompted to do
  so

Status in Ubuntu GNOME:
  New
Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:

  When I installed Ubuntu GNOME 15.10 I selected "English (UK)" as my language.
However when I then went into programs such as Firefox and GIMP, only the
default language was there as a spell-checker etc which was "English (US)", and
when going into "System Settings > Region & Language" there are only options to
install new languages, but not all of the necessary language packs for the
currently installed language pack(s) which are not fully installed.
  So then if I want "English (UK)" in all my applications I have to install the
"language-selector-gnome" package which will immediately ask me to install all
the necessary language packs for my applications which haven't been installed
yet. But as this area of the System Settings is meant to replace that package,
it shouldn't need for that package to be installed to get all the features,
such as one of the most important ones, being able to check which language
packs should be installed, and installing those which are meant to be installed
but are not currently installed, like my "English (UK)" language packs for the
most of my applications.