Same problem on brand new 15.10 installed yesterday.  From searching
Google, I see that plugging in a wired mouse brings the settings back,
and the pointer speed settings affects both mice.  So, I've been able to
make the needed adjustment, and it persists.  However, disconnecting the
wired USB mouse makes the settings again disappear (but the adjustment
persists).  So presently I have to plug in a wired mouse anytime I want
to change the pointer speed.

  Mouse settings missing from Mouse & Touchpad dialog

Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in unity-control-center package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  On up to date Raring alpha, on System Settings > Mouse & Touchpad the
  Mouse settings are completely missing.  The General and Touchpad
  sections are there but none for mouse.  See attached screenshot.

  xinput --list shows
  ~$ xinput --list
  ⎡ Virtual core pointer                        id=2    [master pointer  (3)]
  ⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer                      id=4    [slave  pointer
 (2)]
  ⎜   ↳ MOSART Semi. 2.4G Keyboard Mouse                id=11   [slave  pointer
 (2)]
  ⎜   ↳ SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad                      id=14   [slave  pointer
 (2)]
  ⎣ Virtual core keyboard                       id=3    [master keyboard (2)]
      ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard                     id=5    [slave
keyboard (3)]
      ↳ Power Button                                    id=6    [slave
keyboard (3)]
      ↳ Video Bus                                       id=7    [slave
keyboard (3)]
      ↳ Power Button                                    id=8    [slave
keyboard (3)]
      ↳ Sleep Button                                    id=9    [slave
keyboard (3)]
      ↳ MOSART Semi. 2.4G Keyboard Mouse                id=10   [slave
keyboard (3)]
      ↳ Dell Dell USB Keyboard                          id=12   [slave
keyboard (3)]
      ↳ AT Translated Set 2 keyboard                    id=13   [slave
keyboard (3)]

  and from lsusb:
  Bus 003 Device 002: ID 062a:3286 Creative Labs Nano Receiver [Sandstrom Laser
Mouse SMWLL11]

  Package: gnome-control-center 1:3.6.3-0ubuntu13
  Uname: Linux 3.8.0-7-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.8-0ubuntu4
  Architecture: i386