This bug was fixed in the package deja-dup - 34.1-1ubuntu3

---------------
deja-dup (34.1-1ubuntu3) xenial; urgency=medium

  * d/control.in, d/p/install-pygi.patch:
    - Install deja-dup-backend-gvfs dynamically instead of python-gi,
      so we can keep samba-libs off the default image too.
      (LP: #1551989)

 -- Michael Terry <mte...@ubuntu.com>  Wed, 02 Mar 2016 09:41:13 -0500

** Changed in: deja-dup (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to deja-dup in Ubuntu.

  Demote deja-dup-backend-gvfs and install on demand

Status in deja-dup package in Ubuntu:

  In the quest to remove Python 2 from the default desktop install,
  we're down to just a handful of packages.  Most problematic are samba-
  libs due to upstream's position on Python 3 support and the difficulty
  in porting that stack to Python 3.

  Two packages which transitively keep Python 2 on the install are deja-
  dup-backend-gvfs and gvfs-backends, due to the dependency through
  samba-libs.  One way to approach deja-dup-backend-gvfs similarly to
  the way python-gi and duplicity are currently handled, which is that
  they are installed on demand.

  I suggest demoting deja-dup-backend-gvfs to a Suggests of deja-dup
  (similar to currently deja-dup-backend-cloudfiles and deja-dup-
  backend-s3), and modifying the install-pygi.patch to install this
  package on demand.  This should prevent gvfs-backends from appearing
  on the iso by default, but it should get installed at that time too.
  I have a proposed patch that seems to do the trick for me.