Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: unity-greeter (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to unity-greeter in Ubuntu.

  Login screen asks for wifi password on startup

Status in unity-greeter package in Ubuntu:

  Similar to #1270791

  Steps I did:
  ----
  # Install Ubuntu desktop from live image (fresh installation)
  # Set WiFi connection and enter password - it's saved well. I'm using a
hidden network with WPA2-PSK encryption
  # Reboot

  Expected result:
  As the password was saved, no dialog requiring it appears

  Actual result:
  Always when I get the login screen, the popup window asking for password
appears.
  Note that when I login, the network connection is established correctly

  Workaround: Disable the option "All users may connect to this network"
  in the wifi connection settings. The dialog with password won't appear
  (OK), however wifi is not functional in login screen.

  Used HW:
  laptop HP Envy 13 Skylake (13-d006nc), network adapter Intel Wireless
AC-7265, WiFi router Comtrend VR-3026e Multi-DSL

  Used SW:
  Ubuntu 15.10 x64 desktop (unity)