I have also tested it in Ubuntu GNOME 16.04 with GNOME 3.19 and the
issue is still present.

** Tags added: xenial

** Summary changed:

- Unable to launch xdiagnose through the GUI in the normal way
+ Unable to launch xdiagnose through the Activities Overview in the normal way

** Description changed:

  I am in need of doing some diagnostics work with "xdiagnose", however
  when searching for it in the Activities Overview, and then clicking on
  it, absolutely nothing happens, when in the past it would ask me for my
  password so that I could run it as root.

  I looked further into this and tried running it in Terminal:

      xdiagnose

  And this was the output from the command:

      Error: Must run as superuser

  There was no output from the command:

      grep -r 'xdiagnose' ~/.local/share/applications

  And the output of this command "grep -r 'xdiagnose'
  /usr/share/applications" was:

      /usr/share/applications/xdiagnose.desktop:Name=xdiagnose
      /usr/share/applications/xdiagnose.desktop:Exec=pkexec xdiagnose

/usr/share/applications/xdiagnose.desktop:Icon=/usr/share/xdiagnose/icons/microscope.svg

/usr/share/applications/xdiagnose.desktop:X-Ubuntu-Gettext-Domain=xdiagnose

  The contents of the file is this:

      [Desktop Entry]
      Name=xdiagnose
      GenericName=Diagnose Graphics Issues
      Comment=X.org Diagnostic and Repair Utility
      Exec=pkexec xdiagnose
      Icon=/usr/share/xdiagnose/icons/microscope.svg
      Terminal=false
      Type=Application
      Categories=System;Settings;
      X-Ubuntu-Gettext-Domain=xdiagnose

  I have reinstalled it with "sudo apt-get install --reinstall xdiagnose",
  however this seems to have made no difference at all to anything.

  I have also attempted to launch another application via the Activities
  Overview that uses pkexec to start, and it works fine as normal.

- This has been adapted from this AskUbuntu question (which I asked):
- http://askubuntu.com/q/659762/364819
-
  ---

  **OS Information:**

      No LSB modules are available.
      Distributor ID:   Ubuntu
      Release:  15.04
      Codename: vivid
      Flavour: Gnome
      Gnome Version: 3.16

Packages, which is subscribed to xdiagnose in Ubuntu.

  Unable to launch xdiagnose through the Activities Overview in the
  normal way

Status in Ubuntu GNOME:
Status in xdiagnose package in Ubuntu: