This is how the bug is apparently produced:

1. NM asks ofono to activate a context
2. Network is gone just a moment after that and modem detaches
3. Attached property is set to FALSE by ofono, then it tries to deactivate
activated contexts, but there are none (no response yet from the request sent
in step 1)
4. A few seconds later, the context is activated. Obviously the modem has
registered again, but no event has triggered for that yet.
5. Modem says it is registered, right AFTER it has activated the context (which
is maybe not the most correct sequence of events). Ofono detects that there are
active context and it assumes it asked these context to close when it set
Attached to FALSE. But that is not true as there were no active context when we
did that. We do not change Attached property because ofono waits for old
contexts to close before setting Attached to TRUE.
6. We stall until the active context is finally closed by some external event,
which might happen hours later. While we are in this situation there is an
active context, but probably it is not used by NM as it does nothing with ofono
until Attached is TRUE. This last thing needs confirmation.

  Mobile data doesn't automatically connect after leaving wifi

Status in Canonical System Image:
  Incomplete
Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete
Status in ofono package in Ubuntu:

  The mobile data doesn't automatically connect when leaving wifi.

  Expected Behavior:
  - Leave wifi
  - Mobile data connects automatically

  Observed Behavior:
  - Leave wifi
  - Mobile data is available but user interaction is required to connect. The
device requires a reboot or airplane mode to be cycled before a connection is
made.