Closing that outdated report as EOL has been reached long time ago

** Changed in: gnome-media (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-media in Ubuntu.

  [lucid] if I decreasing output volume slider with 0%, and after this I
  increasing slider value for example with 50%, mute check box doesn't
  follow up the state change

Status in gnome-media package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Dear Developers or package maintainers,

  I am a visual impaired user, and I using Orca screen reader.
  I found an interesting bug with gnome-volume-control application, with very
important for accessibility related:
  If I launch the gnome-volume-control preference tool, and decreasing output
slider value with 0%, mute check box is checked, the sound is muted.
  The problem is following:
  If I increasing the output slider for example with 50%, mute check box
doesn't follow slider value change, mute check box doesn't unchecking
automaticaly if the slider value is higher with 0%.

  Good vision users this method doesn't resulting problems, because he's
  or she's easy to click mouse with mute check box to uncheck the check
  box state. But a visual impaired user only hear the screen reader. If
  he not known gnome-volume-control window where find the mute check box
  (because the screen reader speech output doesn't hearing a muted sound
  card), doesn't possible unchecking this check box with Space key.

  Reproducation steps:
  1. Launch gnome-volume-control preference tool.
  2. Decrease the output slider with 0% for example with keyboard. Press HOME
key, and look the mute check box state change. The mute check box is checked.
  3. Increase the output slider value with 50% for example with keyboard the
PAGEDOWN key, and look the mute check box state. Mute check box state doesn't
change. If you press a TAB key and a SPACE key, mute check box is unchecked,
and you will be hear sound if you listening for example a music.

  I don't no this bug are present or not with Maverick, Natty or Ocelot
  development release, i using Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS release.

  Your openion have a chance to fix this bug with affected ubuntu releases?
  I no, GNOME developers will be not fixing this bug for 2.30.x releases.

  Attila

  Package: gnome-media 2.30.0-0ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.32-33.72-generic 2.6.32.41+drm33.18
  Date: Fri Aug 12 15:10:16 2011
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS "Lucid Lynx" - Release amd64
(20100816.1)
   PATH=(custom, user)
   LANG=hu_HU.UTF-8
   LANGUAGE=hu_HU:en