Public bug reported:

Software Center in 16.04 RC doesn't allow me to install third party
applications. Install will work but nothing happens(I assume it hangs on
something?)

** Affects: software-center (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to software-center in Ubuntu.

  Software Center doesn't install third party applications

Status in software-center package in Ubuntu: