SOLUTION (sort of..): Found a fix, although I don't understand it. I had
to change which NVIDIA driver I was using.

From...

Using NVIDIA legacy binary driver - version 304.131 from nvidia-304
(proprietary)

... to ...

Using NVIDIA binary driver - version 361.42 from nvidia-361
(proprietary, tested)

To change this, I went to Software & Updates > Additional Drivers (Tab).
(I also posted this on Unix & Linux Stack Exchange -
http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/279169/why-cant-i-click-between-
windows-after-xenial-16-04-update/279484#279484)

Packages, which is subscribed to evince in Ubuntu.

  Cannot switch between windows by clicking or click OS-related UI

Status in evince package in Ubuntu:

  I cannot switch between windows by clicking (must use alt+tab); I also
  cannot click the user profile on login (must use "Enter" on
  highlighted user account). Just updated to Ubuntu 160.4

  The problem exists no matter which windows I try to click between
  (Chrome, Firefox, Terminal, Settings, etc...). Major productivity
  bug...

  Package: evince 3.18.2-1ubuntu4
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME
  Date: Mon Apr 25 14:23:28 2016
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-GNOME 15.04 "Vivid Vervet" - Release amd64
(20150422)
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)