   No menu bar in gtk apps on fresh boot

Packages, which is subscribed to transmission in Ubuntu.

  Window menu isn't visible in the menu bar

Status in transmission package in Ubuntu:

  I'm on a fresh install of 16.04, and am using the included
  Transmission package (2.8.4-3ubuntu3). Normally when you hover over
  Unity's menu bar you should see the current window's main menu, but as
  of 16.04, and maybe earlier (I've been on 14.04 since it was released)
  there is no visible menu, leaving much of the applications
  functionality hidden away. Not sure how such an obvious and workflow
  disrupting bug made it this far.