Bug has not occurred again for over a week of heavy use of my laptop.

Should I close this bug now?

Packages, which is subscribed to pm-utils in Ubuntu.

  Laptop often locked with black screen when re-opening lid

Status in pm-utils package in Ubuntu:

  I have a Dell Latitude E5520 (bought in 2012). Worked fine with Ubuntu
  14.04 LTS.

  Since installing Ubuntu 16.04, roughly half the times I close the lid,
  the fan of the laptop keeps running the whole time, and in those cases
  that the fan keeps running, if I open the lid, all I get is a black
  screen, the fan keeps running, and the power LED is on.

  If, when closing the lid, the fan stops, then when I open the lid I
  get the normal "enter password to unlock" screen.