** Tags removed: upgrade-software-version

Packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  1.16.7 installation fails with 'failed to preconfigure with exit
  status 30'

Status in lightdm package in Ubuntu:

  I'm on Ubuntu Wily and lightdm has been failing to install for the
  past couple weeks. I've tried everything from removing the package and
  doing a clean install to reverting to an older version, but it always
  fails with the same error.  Here's the error that I  get when running
  the install:

  --
  Preconfiguring packages ...
  lightdm failed to preconfigure, with exit status 30

  With the last reboot, I can no longer load the desktop.