Filing against unity-greeter is better than filing against the Ubuntu
project as a whole.

** Package changed: ubuntu => unity-greeter (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to unity-greeter in Ubuntu.

  keyboard layout change applet doesn't work on login screen

Status in unity-greeter package in Ubuntu:

  I installed Ubuntu with some layout mainly used the other users (standard
layout). I selected another layout for my own session (Dvorak type layout).
  No issues so far, after logon my Dvorak layout is selected by default on my
account only.

  Nevertheless, when I am on the logging screen (for logging on, when my
session is not yet opened), the kb layout applet let's me choose the layout I
want to use, but whatever the choice, it is the main layout which is chosen.
  In case of screen lock, my Dvorak layout remains active which is correct to
log back in.

  This was working fine on 14.04. This bug happens with a  fresh install
  of 16.04 .

  Release:      16.04