   Gnome Software doesn't update after refreshing system repositories

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-software in Ubuntu.

  Software app seems to be unaware of package changes from apt-get

Status in gnome-software package in Ubuntu:

  Software seems to be out-of-sync with command-line package changes
  like "apt install, apt remove, apt upgrade, etc.)

  This is similar to bug 1583403 but it's a little bit different.

  [What happens]
  ==============
  Installing

  1. sudo apt install gnome-clocks
  2. After installation completes, open the Software app.
  3. Search for clocks.
  4. The Clocks app shows up with an Install button.
  5. Differently from bug 1583403, Clocks does not show up in the Installed
page either.
  6. Force-kill the gnome-software background processeither by logging out or
by running $ pkill gnome-software
  7. Open the Software app. Now Clocks show correctly as being installed.

  [What should happen]
  ===================
  4-5. The Clocks app shows up with a Remove button in the All page and the
Installed page.

  Although I'm reporting this bug from Ubuntu GNOME Yakkety, I confirm
  that this bug also happens on a clean Ubuntu 16.04 LTS install.

  Similarly, I'm getting prompts to install system updates that I've
  installed hours before from the command line. (I can file a separate
  bug for that although it feels like it might be the same issue.)

  Package: gnome-software 3.20.1+git20160426.1.a976144-ubuntu-xenial-0ubuntu1
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME
  Date: Tue May 17 21:28:45 2016
  EcryptfsInUse: Yes
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-GNOME 16.04 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Beta amd64
(20160408)
  SourcePackage: gnome-software