** Changed in: lightdm (Ubuntu)

     Assignee: (unassigned) => Robert Ancell (robert-ancell)

Packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  multiseat autologin fails

Status in Light Display Manager:
  New
Status in lightdm package in Ubuntu:

  I run ubuntu 16.04 system with 2 seats. One seat uses internal intel video ,
another - nvidia card.
  It all worked well until upgrade from 1.18.1-0ubuntu1 to 1.18.2-0ubuntu1.
  Both seats are configured for autologin

  [Seat:seat0]
  autologin-user=user
  autologin-user-timeout=20

  [SeatDefaults]
  allow-guest=false
  autologin-user=user
  autologin-user-timeout=86400000

  When "user" logs to any seat, another seat's lightdm greater does not allow
him to login.
  I select "user" from the list and immediately red login error box appears.
password field is present (it should not because its autologin user). OK, I
type password there. I still get login error no matter if password is correct.
Then password entry field does not accept any characters and I cannot login as
any user on that seat. Everything restores after "user" logs off from the first
seat. System again behave normally.
  I downgraded lightdm (not lightdm-gtk-greater) and it fixed the problem.