See bug here: #1606974

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-screenshot in Ubuntu.

  "Take a screenshot of the current window" in the Unity sidebar right
  click menu doesn't work for child windows

Status in gnome-screenshot package in Ubuntu:

  $ lsb_release -rd
  Release:      16.04

  $ apt-cache policy gnome-screenshot
  gnome-screenshot:
    Installed: 3.18.0-1ubuntu2
    Candidate: 3.18.0-1ubuntu2
    Version table:
   *** 3.18.0-1ubuntu2 500
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial/main amd64 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  How to reproduce:
  1. Add gnome-screenshot to the Ubuntu Unity left-side application launcher
list.
  2. Open the Files application or any other application.
  3. File > Properties
  3. Right click the gnome-screenshot icon in the Unity sidebar, then click
"Take a screenshot of the current window".

  What is expected:
  gnome-screenshot takes a screenshot and shows it to me.

  What happens:
  * No screenshot taken.
  * I get a spinner whenever my mouse is over the Unity sidebar until I restart
Unity.
  * Screenshotting any other window (including other windows that would have
previously screenshot correctly) will fail when taken using the right click
menu on the icon in the Unity launcher.

  I originally experienced this problem when attempting to screenshot
  the "Evaluate Expression" child window of PhpStorm.