Public bug reported:

Dear all,

Let me share a feature request with you.

Frequently, I start listening to music in Rhythmbox and then use FN + F3
on my keyboard to activate the lockscreen screensaver because it
switches of my screen after a few seconds and thus saves conserves
energy on my laptop.

However, once the screensaver is active, I cannot any longer access my
media player using my hotkeys FN + F10 (backwards), FN + F11
(play/pause) and FN + F12 (forward).

Would it be possible to keep access to these media player hotkeys with
the screensaver lock screen being enabled?

Thankfully,

~Robert

** Affects: lightdm (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  Feature request: activate screensaver, keep access to media player
  hotkeys

Status in lightdm package in Ubuntu: