** Also affects: ubuntu-gnome

Packages, which is subscribed to nvidia-prime in Ubuntu.

  nvidia-prime failed to switch to the Intel card

Status in Ubuntu GNOME:
  New
Status in gdm package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in nvidia-prime package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in ubuntu-drivers-common package in Ubuntu:

  When I use nvidia-settings GUI to switch to the Intel GPU, I save
  nvidia settings, log out, and try to log back. But nothing load and
  GDM restarts.

  I have to open a tty and type sudo prime-select nvidia to get a
  successful login.

  Please note the attached files are after that successful login.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu Gnome 16.04.1 LTS (but I got the same with previous
ones)
  Package: nvidia-prime 0.8.2
  CurrentDesktop: Gnome-shell