Found a temp solution on this...
sudo nano /usr/share/applications/org.gnome.font-viewer.desktop

Change...
DBusActivatable=true
StartupNotify=true
to...
DBusActivatable=false
StartupNotify=false

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-font-viewer in Ubuntu.

  Font Viewer desktop file does not launch gnome-font-viewer

Status in gnome-font-viewer package in Ubuntu:

  Ubuntu 16.04.1
  gnome-font-viewer 3.16.2

  What I expect: When I double-click the Font Viewer icon from the Dash
  Applications scope it should launch the Font Viewer.

  What actually happens: It does not. I get the waiting cursor and the
  Font Viewer tile on the launcher for a few seconds and then the tile
  disappears.

  I can go to a terminal and type "gnome-font-viewer" and it runs
  without any issues.

  Here is the content of the desktop file:

  [Desktop Entry]
  Name=Font Viewer
  Comment=View fonts on your system
  Keywords=fonts;fontface;
  Icon=preferences-desktop-font
  Exec=gnome-font-viewer %u
  Terminal=false
  Type=Application
  DBusActivatable=true
  StartupNotify=true
  Categories=GTK;GNOME;Utility;X-GNOME-Utilities;

MimeType=application/x-font-ttf;application/x-font-pcf;application/x-font-type1;application/x-font-otf;
  X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Bugzilla=GNOME
  X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Product=gnome-font-viewer
  X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Component=general
  X-GNOME-Bugzilla-OtherBinaries=gnome-thumbnail-font
  X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Version=3.16.2
  X-Ubuntu-Gettext-Domain=gnome-font-viewer