Using the steps to reproduce I can reproduce this bug but I can find
this information out through right clicking on network manager applet
and pressing connection information gives me my leased ip adderess from
dhcp. Another workaround is to run ifconfig in a terminal.

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-system-tools in Ubuntu.

  network-admin does not show leased DHCP address

Status in gnome-system-tools package in Ubuntu:

  In Lubuntu 14.04.4-beta for PPC, the network manager does not show the
  leased DHCP address.

  LXDE -> System Tools -> Network -> General

  The General tab should show the current IP address in use regardless
  of whether it was gained by DHCP.

  Package: gnome-system-tools 3.0.0-3ubuntu4.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.2.0-28.33~14.04.1-powerpc-smp 4.2.8-ckt3
  Uname: Linux 4.2.0-28-powerpc-smp ppc
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3.19
  Architecture: powerpc
  CasperVersion: 1.340.2