** Package changed: mate-desktop (Ubuntu) => lightdm (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  lightdm not showing gnome desktop option

Status in lightdm package in Ubuntu:

  I installed ubuntu-gnome-desktop and selected lightdm as the display
  manager (tried gdm and received only a purple screen).  When I click
  on the ubuntu logo to the right of my login (where I believe I should
  be able to select the desktop I would like to use) the login name(s)
  disappear and nothing happens until I hit enter at which point the
  login names reappear

  I have tried logging out and back in again as well as rebooting with
  the same results.  I am currently on a Dell XPS 13 Developer Edition
  (Ubuntu laptop).  I am able to log into Unity with no problem but I
  would like to use Gnome.